Azure Data Solutions Manager/Technical Lead
Essential skills and knowledge to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM or related field.
- 5 years' or more experience in a data leadership role and data team management.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Agile, DevOps/ DataOps methods of working.
- Essential development technical knowledge and experience in: Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, Azure Data Factory, Azure Delta Lake, Azure Synapse, Azure SQL, Power BI premium.
- Strong Business Intelligence development knowledge and experience in: Sourcing data & preparation, Data modelling, Traditional / modern data warehousing, SQL development, Power BI development and Data visualisation.
- Strong Data Engineering development knowledge and experience in: ETL/ ELT, Data pipeline line development, Connecting to multiple source both internal and external.
- Strong understanding of Data governance and Data Quality Management (DQM) principals.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to lead and develop a data team capability.
- Comfortable working in a fast changing, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong delivery capability – able to get things done and perform under pressure.
- Strong commercial knowledge and real estate knowledge is desirable.
Strategy and Vision
- Determine how the Mumbai Data team sources, gathers, maintains, and deploys data solutions across the organisation.
- Build and maintain a technical roadmap to show progress made.
- Work with the Head of Business Intelligence to deliver the data and technical architecture vision and champion BI & Data Engineering to influence other business leaders to accept and adopt data solutions.
- Understand the key performance indicators that drive business decisions, through sourcing new data and the use of reporting across Business Services, Residential and Commercial service lines.
- Ability to attract, hire and retain the best data talent.
- Provide leadership, motivate, and manage the Mumbai data team, ensuring delivery of objectives and development of team members.
- Ensure the team is operating in the most effective way possible and have the appropriate level of skills and capabilities to be successful.
- Identify training & skills gaps, growing and improving the Azure data platforms strategic architecture and adopting new tools.
- Work with the Head of Business Intelligence to ensure that appropriate investment levels are fed into the future budgets.
- Work with the other Data Leaders to advise on all aspects of data, data management, data architecture, data solution development, security management and provide support to meet the Data Office’s joined up goals.
- Work with the wider IT teams to ensure provision of data services are being managed and resources are being correctly applied.
- Provide leadership on overall Microsoft Azure technical architecture to support the business and data strategy.
- Be proficient in all aspects of BI, Data Engineering including:
- BI and Data Engineering architecture for the modern Azure Data platform.
- BI and Data Engineering delivery mechanisms, internal & external dashboards, and mobile BI.
- Power BI Premium.
- Data Warehousing, Dimensional and Tabular data modelling principles (star and snowflake schemas, denormalised data structures, slowly changing dimensions, etc.).
- ETL/ ELT techniques and Data integration tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse.
- Advise the Data team and ensure processes are in place to comply within the boundaries of the BSI ISO 27001 Audits.
- Ensure data governance and data quality management best practise is being applied and adopted.
Agile Project Management
- Ensure all areas of the team have adopted the teams preferred Agile way of working.
- Ensure the tools meet the ongoing needs of the team’s Agile framework.
- Ensure project best practise is being applied and adhered too.
- Ensure the teams are using Azure DevOps implicitly in all project delivery.
- Oversee planning and execution of multiple strategic project initiatives.
- Work with the teams to continuously improve the development process through regular reviews and retrospectives.
- Prioritise the business, technical and strategic objectives and set clear goals across all areas within the teams.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.
Send CV to: Urvashi.Shukla@knightfrank.com