About the role
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton store support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Our Customer team is going through an exciting period of expansion; join us as a Analytics Manager and you’ll be a big part of this.
You’ll help define and answer critical strategic and customer-led questions for the organisation, acting as a central influence on B&Q’s decision-making. They evaluate the evolving data needs across the organisation to develop and execute a roadmap to maximise B&Q’s data capabilities and business insights. This includes the analysis of data to model scenarios that improve customer experience across the board helping us change for the future. So, no matter where our millions of customers might meet our products or our people, they'll always enjoy their B&Q experience.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. For this role we expect you’ll be working from our Store Support Office as and when there is a delivery need. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Reporting into the Head of Analytics and Data Science within the Customer Team at B&Q, the Analytics Manager will be responsible for delivering high quality analysis and insights, answering complex and diverse questions from across the business. They will interact with a varied group of stakeholders to drive up the understanding of customers across the organisation, helping to shape our future strategies, improve customer experience, deepen engagement, drive revenue, and improve business efficiencies across both B&Q and TradePoint.
The Analytics Manager will be themselves an exceptional analyst and will lead development on our most complex analyses, forecasting and tool building using agile working methodologies making sure we’re delivering the right priorities to drive value. They are responsible for analysis related to understanding customers, CRM & Loyalty, marketing performance, and broader retail Insight requirements.
- Management of work backlog, using Agile management practices to prioritise effectively across the varying analytical needs and leading in a matrix structure.
- Lead a functional area of analysis within the team, such a Campaign & CRM evaluation, channel or product/range performance, while also supporting the wider set of deliverables across the business by identifying opportunities and making informed recommendations.
- Work in partnership with the Commercial CRM managers to drive customer value growth and profitability.
- Responsible for forecasting and campaign performance across Marketing channels; true incrementality, ROI and contribution to owned exclusive brand mix.
- Lead analysts within a team, growing and nurturing the team through coaching and training. Helping to develop a culture of learning, empowerment, experimentation and collaboration.
- Deliver the information provision for “The health of the customer”, including looking at contributions togrowth, cohort analysis, churn rates.
- Conduct deep-dives and incremental analysis into performance to generate actionable insights.
- Work closely with Tech and Kingfisher to help deliver our data requirements roadmap.
- Be an active member of the wider data community across the group, engaging with the group data team and other banners across the group.
- Bring external thinking to B&Q by maintaining an awareness of analytics usage in retail and other sectors and by keeping abreast of competitor technology and developments.
- Support the growth of new channels, Services, Digital, MarketPlace and Retail Media with key analysis and information.
- Agitate the organisation to make sure we are fully realising the art of the possible and delivering maximum value to B&Q and our customers.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders from across the business and translate their ambitions and goals into analytical challenges.
Required Skills and Experiences
To be successful in the role you will have experience in:
- An extensive analytical background yourself. You can write complex SQL queries and manipulate data using other languages such as Python or R.
- Proven project leading experience, of leading an analytical team and working in complex matrix environments. You can manage multiple stakeholders, deadlines, and deliverables effectively and efficiently.
- Experience working within and leading teams using Agile methodologies and approaches. You can apply Scrum, Kanban, or other frameworks to plan, execute, and review your work.
- A proven track record of being able to develop and coach highly technical teams. You can mentor, motivate, and empower your team members to grow their skills and performance.
- Experience using cloud based analytical platforms such as Databricks, Snowflake, Google BigQuery and the like. You can leverage the power and scalability of these platforms to handle large and complex data sets.
- Experience of marketing campaign and CRM design and analysis is essential, working with customer data to find key insights to inform and that drive change within the business. You can measure the effectiveness and impact of marketing activities, optimize customer journeys, and increase customer retention and loyalty.
- You understand fully and can use statistical methods such as hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, and pvalues to draw valid conclusions and recommendations.
- You care about Quality Assurance, and lead coding documentation and version control best practices using GitHub. You ensure the reliability, reproducibility, and reusability of your code and data products. You are empathetic to the importance of Data Governance and good Data Quality.
- You know the basics of and want to explore new realms of customer behavioural analysis and omnichannel personalisation.
- You’ve used Jira/Confluence before for managing workloads and documentation. You can use these tools to organise, prioritise, and track your tasks and projects. You can also create and maintain clear and concise documentation for your team and stakeholders.
- You’re curious: about how things work and getting to the bottom of business problems and data nuances. You ask relevant and insightful questions, conduct thorough and rigorous analysis, and find creative and innovative solutions.
- You understand and maximise the value of analysis and data science, and act with a commercial lens, prioritising the actions and usefulness of outputs. You can translate business objectives into analytical goals, prioritise the most impactful and feasible actions, and communicate the value and benefits of your outputs to the business.
- You’re a skilled storyteller who can bring that value to others – you know numbers don’t always speak for themselves and have excellent visuals to support. You can create and present compelling and engaging reports and dashboards that convey your insights and recommendations clearly and persuasively.
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be valued for who you are.We’re committed to making B&Q more diverse and representative of the communities we serve, where everyone can feel they belong and have equal opportunities. You will have access to a range of networks that represent our colleagues and allies and help us to continue to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business.
We also recognise that wellness means different things to different people, and we want to help colleagues be at their best and feel well by offering a range of benefits to help you. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
So we can support you during the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com for any recruitment adjustments.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.