Data Visualisation & Automation Analyst
About the role
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Join us as a Data Visualisation & Automation Analyst and you’ll be a big part of this.
Working within the Data Visualisation and Automation Team, the Data Visualisation & Automation Analyst will work to produce high quality self-serve dashboards as well as our foundational data enablement products. They will interact with a varied group of stakeholders to drive up the understanding of customers across the organisation, helping to shape our future strategies, improve customer experience, deepen engagement, drive revenue, and improve business efficiencies across both B&Q and TradePoint.
If you would like to work in a collaborative, fast paced, encouraging and future thinking environment, where you’re empowered to be creative and drive performance… then this could be your next role.
- Develop our suite of self-serve dashboards, helping the business to get closer to our customers, informing business strategy and decision making.
- Develop our customer data ETL pipelines and data foundation for B&Q, working closely alongside and in collaboration with Group IT when applicable.
- Curate and put in place the controls for our customer data lake, democratising our data in a controlled manner, ensuring our analysts and data scientists have access to reliable and consistent data for analysis.
- Provide input to initiatives to help define the right data flow architecture that deliver tangible results quickly.
- Be an active member of the wider data community across the group, engaging with the group data team and other banners across the group.
- Support the growth of new channels, Services, Digital, MarketPlace and Retail Media with key data sets and self-serve reporting.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders from across the business and translate their ambitions and goals into analytical challenges.
- Bring external thinking to B&Q by maintaining an awareness of analytics usage in retail and other sectors and by keeping abreast of competitor technology and developments.
Required Skills and Experiences
To be successful in the role you will have experience in:
- You’ll have experience in creating and delivering actionable self-serve solutions, using modern BI tools such: PowerBI, Tableau, Looker etc.
- You’re proficient in SQL and have some experience using other languages such as Python or R.
- You’ve had experience using cloud based analytical platforms such as Databricks, Snowflake, Google BigQuery and the like.
- You’ve built and managed data workflows before using tools like Airflow and Databricks.
- You are fully aware of the importance of Data Governance and good Data Quality and what best practice looks like.
- You’ve used Jira/Confluence before for managing workloads and documentation.
- You’re curious: about how things work and getting to the bottom of business problems and data nuances.
- You understand and maximise the value of analysis and self-serve data products, and act with a commercial lens, prioritising the actions and usefulness of outputs.
- You’re a skilled storyteller who can bring that value to others – you know numbers don’t always speak for themselves and have excellent visuals to support.
- You’re up for a challenge… and used to pushing boundaries.
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be valued for who you are.We’re committed to making B&Q more diverse and representative of the communities we serve, where everyone can feel they belong and have equal opportunities. You will have access to a range of networks that represent our colleagues and allies and help us to continue to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business.
We also recognise that wellness means different things to different people, and we want to help colleagues be at their best and feel well by offering a range of benefits to help you. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
So we can support you during the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any recruitment adjustments.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.