Customer Data Analyst
About the role
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton store support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they’ll love. Our Customer team is going through an exciting period of expansion; join us as a Customer Data Analyst and you’ll be a big part of this.
At B&Q we have a hybrid approach to working to increase flexibility in how we work. For this role we expect you’ll be working from our Store Support Office as and when there is a delivery need. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Working within the Analytics and Data Science team, under the leadership of the Analytics Manager, the Analysts will work to produce high quality analysis and insights. They will interact with a varied group of stakeholders to build on the understanding of customers, helping to shape our future strategies, improve customer experience, deepen engagement, drive revenue, and improve business efficiencies across both B&Q and TradePoint.
Develop analyses related to understanding customers, CRM & Loyalty, marketing performance, and broader retail Insight requirements.
- Help deliver the information provision for “The health of the customer”, including looking at contributions to growth, cohort analysis, churn rates.
- Working within a matrix structure with other analysts, delivering a wide range of analytical products and projects, focusing on customer behaviour.
- Deliver PIRs related to the B&Q Loyalty schemes (Club & TradePoint) and CRM activities: identifying opportunities and making informed recommendations.
- Create forecasting and measure campaign performance across Marketing channels; true incrementality, ROI and contribution to owned exclusive brand mix.
- Support on deep-dives and incremental analysis into performance to generate actionable insights.
- Be an active member of the wider data community across the group, engaging with the group data team and other banners across the group.
- Bring external thinking to B&Q by maintaining an awareness of analytics usage in retail and other sectors and by keeping abreast of competitor technology and developments.
- Support the growth of new channels, Services, Digital, MarketPlace and Retail Media with key analysis and information.
- Alongside the Analytics Manager, help build relationships with key stakeholders from across the business and translate their ambitions and goals into analytical challenges.
Required Skills and Experiences
To be successful in the role you will have experience in:
- Writing complex SQL queries and have had experience working with other languages such as Python or R.
- You have experience working within a matrix environment using Agile methodologies. You can collaborate with different teams and stakeholders, adapt to changing requirements, and deliver your work in an iterative and incremental way.
- You’ve experience working with cloud based analytical platforms such as Databricks, Snowflake, Google BigQuery and the like. You can use these platforms to access, process, and analyse large and complex data sets in a scalable and efficient way.
- You have experience of marketing campaign design and analysis, working with customer data to find key insights to inform and drive change within the business. You can design, execute, and evaluate marketing campaigns, optimise customer journeys, and increase customer retention and loyalty.
- You can also use statistical methods such as hypothesis testing, confidence intervals, and p-values to draw valid conclusions and recommendations
- You have a strong attention detail and are willing to take the time to ensure the accuracy of your work. You can check, validate, and troubleshoot your data and code, and ensure they meet the quality standards and expectations.
- You are empathetic to the importance of Data Governance and good Data Quality. You can follow and implement the data policies, standards, and procedures, and ensure the integrity, security, and availability of your data.
- You know the basics of and want to explore new realms of customer behavioural analysis and omnichannel personalisation.
- You’ve used Jira/Confluence before for managing workloads and documentation. You can use these tools to organise, prioritise, and track your tasks and projects. You can also create and maintain clear and concise documentation.
What's in it for me?
As part of a great team, you’ll be valued for who you are. We’re committed to making B&Q more diverse and representative of the communities we serve, where everyone can feel they belong and have equal opportunities. You will have access to a range of networks that represent our colleagues and allies and help us to continue to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business.
We also recognise that wellness means different things to different people, and we want to help colleagues be at their best and feel well by offering a range of benefits to help you. As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
So we can support you during the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com for any recruitment adjustments.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.