How will your role contribute at NewDay?
We’re on the start of our journey to build a brand new, ambitious, green-field lending platform at NewDay, and we’re looking for some wonderful people to help us do it.
As a technical team lead as part of our Project Stratus engineering teams you’ll be working with product owners, business analysts and engineers to implement features in our new cloud native lending platform. We’re working in modern .NET and Azure PaaS native, and want to grow honest, welcoming and inclusive teams and give them the autonomy and space to build the best platform that we can.
We believe in continuous delivery, testing our own software, and operating it in production, and would like to find people that are equally excited by these approaches. This programme of work has the opportunity to transform NewDay and it’s product offerings and set the technical tone for the organisation going forwards.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Working with the Stratus product owners to design and define our new lending platform.
- Working with Project Stratus engineers to design and deliver new platform capabilities.
- Hands-on programming work – coding, pair programming and testing and shipping functionality.
- Participating in regular scrum ceremonies.
- Safeguarding the software quality of the work we ship.
- Working with the technical leads of other Stratus teams to maintain cohesion across the platform.
Your Skills and Experience
- Senior level experience in modern .NET applications written in C# 7+ - .NET Core / 5+, nuget, etc.
- Experience designing HTTP APIs, in ASP.net MVC / Web API / Carter / Nancy etc.
- An understanding of distributed systems design, including building for resilience and cloud architectural patterns.
- Experience in using Platform-as-a-Service clouds.
- Experience following continuous delivery and infrastructure as code.
- Experience working in autonomous agile environments.
- Experience with Azure PaaS offerings and shipping .NET in Azure functions.
- Experience using Cosmos DB.
- Experience using Event Driven architectures and messaging.
- Experience using Event Sourced architectures.
- Experience of RESTful API design.
Your Personal Attributes
- You are a proven technical lead with a history of building cloud hosted applications in .NET
- You are a kind, compassionate individual, comfortable with both honesty and empathy.
- You believe in working at a sustainable pace, and the clear communication required to protect it.
- You are excited to embrace Serverless and PaaS to build exciting new technology.
- You are prepared to listen just as much as you speak.
- You are prepared to be wrong about things.
- You believe in evolutionary architecture and agile delivery.
- You understand that communication is just as much an important part of technology as programming.
Inclusion at NewDay
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We want all of our colleagues to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the application and interview process.