Senior Data Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced data engineer to join our team as Senior Data Engineer. Based out of Nottingham in our International Data Office, you will be responsible for the analytics engineering of data products within a specified data domain.
Who we are
International Technology & Advanced Analytics (IT2A) is a multi-national function of Walgreens Boots Alliance based in the UK, Europe, Asia, South America and the USA. We leverage emerging technology and robust data to transform our pharmacy and retail offerings, improve experiences for customers and patients and enhance operational effectiveness for team members. Partnering with some of the finest tech providers and utilising a cutting-edge tech stack, we support two of the UK’s most trusted and established brands - Boots and No7 – in personalising their customer interactions. We’re an innovative team of specialists spanning security, hosting, architecture, software engineering, networks, project delivery and more. A proud equal opportunity employer, we passionately embrace team member diversity and provide a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
About the role
Within our recently formed Data Office, the Data Platform team builds and maintains our self-serve data platform for our international divisions. Seeking to better align ourselves with our organisation needs, we take a business domain-oriented approach to organising our data engineering and data products. Data domains are very broad across our business across Retail, Pharmacy, Healthcare, Marketing, Product, Merchandising, Opticians etc
As Senior Data Engineer you will lead a domain focused, multi-disciplinary squad focused on building products that drive value from our data. Working with our business you’ll design and implement products that allow us to maximise the value of our data to our customers and patients. Using your data engineering expertise, you’ll coach and support your team building them into a highly performing squad.
Hybrid Working - 3 Days office & 2 days home
We offer our Support Office team members a flexible, hybrid working approach based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust which includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working - this will be discussed with you as part of the application process.
What you’ll need to have
- ‘Hands on’ experience of data engineering within an analytics and/or data science environment.
- Expert knowledge of one or more data languages including SQL, Python and Spark.
- Experience of coaching and developing your peer’s knowledge and understanding of modern data engineering principles and practices.
- Experience of data warehousing techniques such as Kimball dimensional modelling.
It would be great if you also have
- Experience of developing large scale data engineering solutions in Microsoft Azure cloud technologies (preferably Databricks too)
- Experience of developing data warehouses, Business Intelligence/Management Information, ML and AI solutions
- Experience of line management of engineers
- Knowledge of agile processes such as Scrum
- Knowledge of Supply Chain or Pharmacy data domains
Highlight a couple of benefits that are specific to this role, followed by the link to all our company benefits, see example below:
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion, you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.