Head of Performance
The Guardian is a global news organisation that delivers fearless, investigative journalism - giving a voice to the powerless and holding power to account.
We unite award-winning journalists, top-tier professionals, and digital experts from varied backgrounds and provide a dynamic environment focused on growth, training, and an inclusive culture.
We are now looking for a Head of Performance to join the Digital Reader Revenue team.
You’ll play a critical role in devising and executing strategies that drive subscription growth, retention, and revenues. This involves utilising data-driven insights and fostering collaboration across departments.
About the Role
- Evaluate and optimise commercial opportunities across all marketing levers
- Investigate, interpret and improve key metric performance - such as customer lifetime value, upsell, engagement, visit frequency
- Analyse and assess subscription pricing models, optimising them to maximise revenue and customer retention globally
- Lead the global commercial budget and forecasting process
- Collaborate with proposition and strategy teams to build robust business cases that align with overall business objectives
- Regularly review performance, tracking progress, anticipating performance issues and strategising solutions.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proven expertise in driving performance in subscription businesses
- Proficiency in advanced data analysis tools and techniques
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and deliver actionable insights
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to liaise with both technical and non-technical team members
- High attention to detail and an unwavering commitment to data accuracy.
We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people at the Guardian. We aspire to have inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At the Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.
How to Apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you’d love to take on this role, and why you’re a great match for what we’re looking for.
The closing date for applications is 1st December 2023.
All roles at the Guardian are open for everybody to apply. It is important to us that you feel supported and comfortable throughout your recruitment process, in order to perform your best. Please let us know if there are any changes we could make to the application process to make it easier and more comfortable for you. Please contact Alice on email@example.com to discuss further so we can work with you to support you through your application.
Benefits at the Guardian
Culture & Wellbeing
We want everyone to feel like they belong at the Guardian and we champion diversity of thought. Our various employee forums provide a platform to use their voice to foster an inclusive workplace.
You will also have the opportunity to hear unique insight from our journalists in our morning conference, a live discussion on the news story of the day.
We offer great tools to help you prioritise your wellbeing including free yoga and pilates. These run alongside our corporate gym membership and cycle to work scheme.
Learning & Development
We encourage personal and professional growth. Employees have access to a broad range of tools and solutions, and we are happy to support the pursuit of professional qualifications through vocational courses and apprenticeships.
Our Working Environment
We take pride in our surroundings and are pleased to offer versatile meeting rooms and colourful communal areas. We have a brilliant canteen that caters to breakfast, lunch and dinner, with views overlooking Regent’s Canal.
Additional Benefits & Policies
We offer 30 days annual leave per annum, plus an additional 5 day holiday purchase scheme. Our pension scheme is generous; if you contribute 5% then we will contribute 8-12% (depending on your age). We believe in giving back, which is why employees are given 2 volunteering days annually and the option of payroll giving. Season ticket loans are also available.
You are entitled to life cover, income protection, healthcare, sick pay and eye tests. You can also opt in to dental insurance.
We have enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave policies in place. We also support our employees by offering an IVF, menopause, baby loss, and trans equality policy.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.