Fraud Data Analyst
- Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Data
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
Esure have a full-time permanent opportunity available to join our Fraud team as a Fraud Data Analyst!
As a Fraud Data Analyst you will be involved in the design, and implementation of high-quality financial crime reporting to improve operational enterprise fraud activity, you will provide recommendations for strategy enhancement and identify opportunities for the reduction of financial loss.
What will my role entail?
- The Data Analyst Data Analyst role sits within the Enterprise Fraud Department at esure. It is a pivotal role in the department, with responsibility for designing, technical implementation, maintaining and routine delivery of core operational activity management information for the department and across other fraud handling teams.
- Drive identification and production of new trend analysis and business risk reviews to inform counter fraud strategy and operational approaches.
- Strong data analytical skills will be important, with use of various in-house tools (such as Excel, Tableau and SAS currently), but we have an eye on the adoption of new analytical tools coming to the company. While a lot of the systems we utilise are SQL based, the use of Python is expanding across the company and adoption of that in Financial Crime is important
- The systems that will be used and maintained are varied, from fraud detection tools, device transaction capture, document mining and other in-house programmes. This role will entail not only the analysis of the data from those systems, but also the development and maintenance of their capabilities – this includes work on rules based systems, along side the analysis
- While an understanding of insurance and fraud is not essential, it would definitely help the individual to excel in the role.
- The role include liaison with a multitude of other departments and a level or relationship maintenance with external suppliers.
What we are looking for:
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel
- Expert SQL knowledge
- Experience of data analysis and reporting
- Track record of delivering high quality data analysis and reporting
- Insurance knowledge and experience
We’d also like to hear if you have…
- Knowledge of fraud/financial crime risk management for both insider and external fraud
- Awareness of IFB, IFED and similar industry bodies
- Technical knowledge of general insurance across underwriting and claims and the metrics used by other business areas including Underwriting, Pricing, Operations and Claims
- Technical knowledge of insurance fraud, ‘SIRA’ or other similar systems and i2
- SAS and Python knowledge would be beneficial
Why choose us?
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.