Senior ML Engineer
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we’re uniquely placed to do this and to grow a strong, successful business.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to provide key contribution to a strategic digital programme expected to transform the integrated business planning process in Haleon. The successful candidate will lead the deployment of machine learning solutions that will transform our integrated business planning process. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing end-to-end machine learning pipelines for various applications.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Lead the deployment of ML solutions on the enterprise infrastructure, in line with ML engineering standards and best practices (version control, testing, deployment, maintenance).
- Manage the entire lifecycle of data science/machine learning models, including monitoring, data gathering for retraining, and updates.
- Implement ML engineering best practices, such as coding standards, code reviews, and automated testing.
- Define and implement metrics to evaluate the functional performance and computational resource efficiency of ML and AI components.
- Can coordinate and manage competing priorities across a portfolio of projects.
- Ability to influence across organisations, proven collaboration skills, comfortable working with ambiguity, collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, data engineers, and business stakeholders.
People and Team management
- Contribute to a highly collaborative team with a culture of ownership, initiative and responsibility.
- Contribute to the development of our Team’s ML engineering standards of reusable DS, ML, and AI assets.
- Motivate, coach, mentor colleagues within the ML Engineering Team to develop technical excellence.
- Manage a team of up to 3 Machine Learning Engineers
Necessary Qualifications & Skills
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree in mathematics, computer science, or another scientific discipline that provides solid foundations on relevant aspects of Data Science.
- 5-10 years of industry experience with proven experience implementing machine learning engineering pipelines on large datasets.
- Strong understanding of ML engineering best practices.
- Strong collaboration skills and comfortable working with ambiguity, making quick, informed decisions considering trade-offs.
- Experience with deploying machine learning solutions on enterprise infrastructure.
- Strong programming skills in Python or similar programming languages..
- Ability to manage competing priorities across a portfolio of projects.
Highly desirable Qualifications & Skills
- Strong experience with cloud-based infrastructure and distributed computing systems, such as Azure, AWS, or GCP.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Understanding of software engineering principles, such as modular design, clean code, and testing.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools, such as continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and configuration management tools like Ansible or Terraform.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug complex issues in production environments.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with monitoring and logging tools, such as Grafana, Prometheus, and ELK Stack.
- Knowledge of security best practices in machine learning engineering.
our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Care to join us. Find out what life at Haleon is really like www.haleon.com/careers/
At Haleon we embrace our diverse workforce by creating an inclusive environment that celebrates our unique perspectives, generates curiosity to create unmatched understanding of each other, and promotes fair and equitable outcomes for everyone. We're striving to create a climate where we celebrate our diversity in all forms by treating each other with respect, listening to different viewpoints, supporting our communities, and creating a workplace where your authentic self belongs and thrives. We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information, which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Haleon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, Haleon may be required to capture and report expenses Haleon incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure Haleon’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.