Product Owner (Data Management Services Lab)
Location: Bristol, Manchester
End Date: Saturday 30 December 2023
Salary Range: £44,656 - £55,820
Agile Working Options: Hybrid Working
About This Opportunity
Do you want to play a key role in modernising our data management solutions across the bank?
Join our lab, which owns and engineers enterprise wide data management solutions that are adopted across the organisation, that enable business users and application owners to automate and scale data management practices on their data. We provide capabilities to the group for Data Quality, Metadata management, Data Modelling, Unstructured Data Management, Data Privacy (Tokenisation & Anonymisation), Reference Data Management & Data Archiving.
The next phase of our transformation is moving more into cloud technologies, its never been more vital to enable the organisation to have effective data management controls in place allowing us to safely move our data ensuring its quality as we move towards new technologies.
Here’s where you’ll make a difference:
As Product Owner, you'll make a real difference.
- You'll be defining and prioritising your backlog to build features based on understanding the opportunities and use cases to embed Data Management Capabilities across the organisation.
- You will partner with the Chief Data Office to ensure that your outcomes and associated roadmap align to the wider Group Data Strategy.
- You will be leading one or a few cross functional features teams to maximise value the group gains from the tooling and capabilities that you own.
Join us and, as well as making a difference to customers, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career where you’re free to be yourself. Great colleagues, transforming workspaces, hybrid working and a wide variety of career opportunities –you’ll find them all here.
What You'll Need
- Proven background in Product Ownership within the technical/software development space.
- Clear understanding of product lifecycle from discovery through to delivery and iteration.
- Ability to use data and insights to build a product vision, define product features and continually iterate your product to achieve optimal customer outcomes.
- Previous experience of delivering change across large organisations, understanding of change methodologies and techniques and their practical application whilst demonstrating an understanding of the technical landscape.
- Strong communication, stakeholder management, analytical and problem-solving skills and experience of working in teams made up of colleagues with a range of backgrounds and specialisations, driving forward a clear vision, shaping and managing workloads with a focus on achieving agreed outcomes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Experience of Data Management capabilities (Data Quality, Metadata, Refence Data etc)
- Someone that is championing cultural changes including adoption of agile e.g. JIRA, Confluence, and practices e.g. SAFe, LeSS, Huge LeSS
- Experience in, supplier/partner management
About Working For Us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So, if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares!
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping.
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people?
Join our journey!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.