Junior Software Engineer
About The Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Admiral Money as a Junior Software Engineer on a permanent basis.
As a Junior Software Engineer within Admiral Money your role will be to design, build and test cutting edge components that utilise the latest in cloud infrastructure, services, and container orchestration.
You will be working in an informal, fun environment with some of the brightest minds around! We’re working on new and exciting projects every day, unencumbered by legacy technology.
About Admiral Money
Admiral Money is an exciting, new division of Admiral Group. We have the freedom and innovation of a small start up with the security of a large parent company, Admiral.
The journey started when we launched unsecured personal loans in June 2017. We went on to be the first direct to consumer car finance provider in December 2017. Since then, we have gone from strength to strength and have some exciting plans for the future.
We’re looking for people who are keen to learn, excited about getting stuck in and are ready for a challenge to help us to achieve our aim of creating a special lending business for our customers.
- Writing clean, high-quality, high performance, maintainable code (typically in Golang)
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements.
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Work with other team members to grow own development skills
- Participate in code reviews, retros, and demos.
- Experience in the development of containerised microservices
- Experience with Agile, scrum & cross-functional teams
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for the quality, maintainability, and security of your code
An ideal candidate would also likely have:
- Experience working with alternate cloud platforms such as GCP
- Writing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Development expertise in multiple languages including React, Golang and Java
Our technology stack makes use of:
Salary, Benefits and Work-Life Balance
At Admiral, we are proud to be a diverse business where we put our people and customers first. We have great benefits to ensure employees have a great work-life balance; it's one of the reasons we’re consistently voted one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
All colleagues will receive 33 days holiday (including banks holidays) when they join us, and this will increase with length of service, up to a maximum of 38 days (including banks holidays). You also have the option to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave in addition to your allocation.
You can also view some of our other key benefits here
Our Commitment to You
At Admiral, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other legally protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.