Data Solution Architect
QBE are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. The product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. QBE employs a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
The goal of the role is to empower the Data train at QBE with timely, consistent, trusted solutions underpinned by good data foundations, best practices, and adherence to data architecture principles.
- Provide support to the Lead Architect on the strategic data thinking for Data projects.
- Participate in the debate and steer discussions on the data architecture best suited for a data-driven in the enterprise and how the project will participate in this architecture.
- Collaborate with the business domain stakeholders, Product owners and architecture team to develop a data solution to meet the project’s needs.
- Contribute to maintenance of inventory of Business Information datapoints and data points required to support the solution and the data architecture.
- Ensure the inventory of all the data artefacts for the project are maintained for use by various business domains.
- Participate in developing the data architecture and patterns for event management in QBE and lead the work to adopt in the project.
- Steer work with the data modeler to build data models based on the QBE conceptual model for database structures, analytics, and AI (future).
- Develop and enforce database development standards. Ensure the physical data models is representative of the standards and models developed.
- Develop measure that ensure data accuracy, integrity, and accessibility.
- Experience of data management strategies to support Governance, Classification and Security processes.
- Develop approaches for information lifecycle management.
- A solid background in systems development, application design and information management.
- Proven experience in data analytics and database architecture and design.
- Knowledge of Event Driven Architecture, technology to support events and materialized views.
- Knowledge of emerging data technologies, such as predictive analytics, data visualization and NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of Microsoft azure platform for Data storage and processing
- Experience with Master Data Management implementation
- Experience with transformation projects and out-of-the-box thinking as well as working with third parties will be an advantage.
- Ideally Data certificates i.e. Data Management Association’s (DAMA) Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) designation or something equivalent, but a solid background will be considered if no certifications.
- Knowledge of financial services industry data standards and policies.
- Preferable knowledge of Insurance, or Finance sector.
- Ability to communicate complex problems and solutions to senior leadership.
We are here to support you
We are here to support you We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As an QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
- ‘Hybrid Working’ – a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance.
- Our ‘At My Best’ wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice.
- QBE Pension scheme and private health cover
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners.
- BCS Organisational Membership
Some of the award’s QBE are proud to have won include:
- The British Computer Society 2021 Winners – Inspirational Individual of the Year; IT Service & Support Professional of the year
- British Claims Awards 2022 Winner - InsurTech Award
- Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner - Claims Product Solution of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women’s Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent.
Working for us. Working for you.
We understand that one size doesn’t fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. Offering a great range of benefits which enable you to bring your best self to work; including competitive salaries and bonus structures, health and well being programs, hybrid working for the flexibility of working from home and the office. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.