Data Product Owner
- Working Hours: 35 hours per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Data
Here at esure, we’re no strangers to change. As one of the industry leaders in the insurance business, striving to become a world class digital insurer, we’re getting ready for more. It’s creating great new opportunities for innovative and talented industry professionals to join us at a pivotal point in our development.
We have a phenomenal opportunity for a Data Product Owner to join our Data Analytics function. The successful candidate will be working on data product backlogs whilst collaborating with business partners. We are looking for someone to improve the value of esure data products for a business area and act as the data steward for that area.
The day to day:
- End to end ownership of business use cases for data analytics, from high level requirements through to technical design
- Lead a cross-functional data squad of data analysts, engineers, data scientists and business SME’s delivering high value data products
- Work with the wider data community on the roadmap for all data initiatives in that area
- Create, prioritise and explicitly communicate themes, epics, user stories & acceptance criteria to deliver maximum value
- Continuously review the business needs, refine priorities, deliverables, and find opportunities and risks
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum standard processes and new data analytics innovations and trends
We would love you to bring!
- Experience as a Product Owner/Manager within data
- Experience working on large Agile projects and an understanding of Scrum and DevOps
- Experience of end-to-end Product Delivery cycle
- Strong understanding of data technologies and ecosystems with hands-on data analyst skills
- Ability to understand sophisticated business processes
- Proficient at generating high quality documentation including user stories, use cases and flow diagrams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and encourage partners to drive collaboration and alignment
What we will offer you in return
This is your opportunity to shape our game-changing journey and be part of something truly special! And to top it off, here are some perks to life at esure…
- A competitive salary that recognises your skills and potential
- A bonus scheme that celebrates your contribution to esure’s success
- Discounts on our insurance products, for you and your family
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flex days to be taken as and when suits you
- Benefits just for you: our hub – My Benefits Box – is loaded with perks to choose from, so you can build a personal toolkit to support your health, wellbeing, lifestyle, and finances.
- Grow your career with us: whatever your goals, we’ll support you with hands-on training, mentoring, a LinkedIn Learning licence, access to our exclusive Academies, regular career conversations, and expert partner resources from the likes of Women in Data and Women in Tech.
- Join our communities: our networks give you the chance to connect, learn and share with like-minded colleagues across the business – for work and play. So, it’s no surprise our people consistently rate ‘making friends at work’ one of the highest scorers in our colleague engagement survey
- More flexibility for you: we’re a proud supporter of the ABI’s Make Flexible Work campaign and welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need, whether it’s part time, job sharing, or compressed hours. Our hybrid working approach also puts you in the driving seat of how and where you do your best work.
- Live a healthy lifestyle: we offer lots of support, so you feel like the best version of yourself – like specialist advice through our employee assistance programme, wellbeing classes, access to the My Health Advantage app, our Big Team Challenge, and learning sessions on topics like menopause.
- A helping hand to do your bit for a greener and safer world: driving good in the world couldn’t be more important to us. That’s why we encourage colleagues to use volunteering days to support their local communities and have lots of initiatives to help you live a greener lifestyle.
- Everyday appreciation: praise from your colleagues means the world! Our social recognition tool makes it easy to give colleagues the praise they deserve, and you could even be shortlisted for a company-wide ACE Award.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you are excited about joining us and think you have some of what we are looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.