Data Engineer – Enterprise Risk Platform
End Date: Wednesday 13 December 2023
Salary Range: £45,054 - £67,581
Agile Working Options: Hybrid Working
Job Description Summary
Our team in Enterprise Risk Platform is passionate about crafting new services that transform the customer and colleague experience. Our culture brings together inquisitive, hardworking, people from a diverse group of backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment that supports flexible and agile working.
Working within the Prudential & Analytics lab, you will work with other data engineers and with Risk customers to design and deploy data solutions that underpin the financial stability of Lloyds Banking Group.
About this Opportunity
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a team delivering regulatory and technology change
We're seeking curious engineers to work within our feature teams. You will support customers by ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards expected.
We're looking for someone who wants to develop their engineering skillset. We’ll support you to be able to be able to take on technical challenges and develop your understanding of how data solutions and services are developed, tested and implemented. If this excites you then you would be an asset to our team!
We are pioneering the transformation of current processes from our on-premises platforms and have started our journey in deploying solutions on the Google Cloud Platform. This role sits within our labs analytics pillar who are looking to create strategic data products and build data and analytics capability.
We work using agile delivery practices, so a self-led individual capable of accurately estimating and planning their own work would be valued highly.
Here’s where you’ll make a difference
- Design, develop, maintain and improve data processes to support regulatory and prudential change with high quality solutions and providing oversight and leadership to help others do the same.
- Building data pipelines for current and future analytics and reporting solutions
- Implement and embody engineering standards, using constructive feedback to create opportunities for learning.
- Work with the Product Owner and customers to understand, refine and prioritise items for the feature team backlog
- Using strong problem solving skills and a combination of technical knowledge, experience and judgement to identify available options and clearly set-out the way forward.
What you’ll need
- Passion for software and data engineering, adopting the mindset of a curious engineer
- Experience of SAS, SQL, Java, Python, or other open source technologies used for analytics
- Ability to understand business requirements and create business ready solutions
- Show well-developed interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, particularly the ability to convey key business information arising from complex issues to non-technical people
Desirable skills include
- Cloud understanding, particularly GCP
- Data engineering background and good knowledge of waterfall and agile development practices.
- Insights into industry solutions for data management, storage and analytics coupled with experience of financial data, including Credit Risk, capital and impairment processes
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure that we’re inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background identity or culture.
We were one of the first organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So, if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes. Just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 28 days holiday with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive?
Apply today and find out more.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.