Data Engineering Technical Lead
Who we are:
Who we are:
You'll be joining the 6th largest IT Service Provider, present in more than 50 countries. From our roots in Japan, NTT DATA's mission is to facilitate business change and technology transformation across many industries for a better future for our business, people and community.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values of 'Clients First', 'Teamwork' and 'Foresight' and we achieve these by putting people first.
We support and celebrate our differences and preferences, these are what makes us unique. Some of our initiatives, collectively known as “DO Diversity”, aim to create a space for us to learn and get involved in building a truly diverse environment.
What you'll be doing:
NTT DATA are looking for a Data Engineering Technical Lead to work within a dynamic, remote-first data engineering capability to deliver cloud based data solutions using best-in-class RDBMS, ETL/ELT, and Cloud platforms for blue-chip customers across a range of sectors.
You will lead cross-functional teams of Data Engineers, Architects, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance Analysts to provision data processing, storage, and visualisation capabilities in an Agile environment. You will be comfortable with stakeholder engagement and take overall ownership of the technical delivery of your team and the solution they are building.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years’ experience in data engineering and recent experience as a lead developer, technical lead, or data solutions architect
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake and Databricks
- Experience with data technologies such as ETL, SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, data lakes, Spark, Kafka
- Proven background in the design of modern data platforms, including lake house
- Great end-to-end understanding of the cloud data development life cycle in from ingestion to consumption
- Strong understanding of data management principles and best practices
- Proven track record of delivering complex data deliveries on time and within budget
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a team of technical experts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence technical decisions and provide guidance on best practices
- Experience with agile project management methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Other relevant skills and experience includes:
- Experience working in consulting, delivering data solutions for clients in various industries
- Knowledge of general purpose programming languages such as Python, R, or Java
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Looker
- Experience with data security and compliance, including GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA regulations
- Understanding of data governance frameworks and best practices
- Familiarity with machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts
- Understanding of cloud platform infrastructure (networks, security, services, etc.)
- Managing project budgets, timelines, and resources
- Presales and sales skills
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and experience with tools such as Git, Jenkins, and Docker.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.
APPLY HERE: NTT Data Jobs: Data Engineering Technical Lead