Data Strategy and Management- Defence Sector
About Capgemini Invent
At Capgemini Invent, we help our clients to embrace innovation and transformation to get the future they want.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2022 global revenues of €22 billion.
Get The Future You Want
An overview of the role
You will be joining the Analytics and AI Advisory team within Capgemini Invent, where we collaborate with our clients to improve their use of data and enable them to become truly data-driven enterprises. We’re growing a successful team of experts across the data lifecycle- leveraging these capabilities to solve complex industry problems across the defence sector.
Why this role?
- You’ll lead the shaping and delivery of client engagements in areas such asData Governance, Data Ethics, Data modelling, Data Architecture, Data Quality and standards implementation, Master Data Management among others.
- You’ll develop client relationships at the senior management level, partnering with them to identify and solve some of their biggest problems related to the delivery of analytics and AI capabilities, leading data strategic discussions .
- You’ll play a key role in developing the Analytics and AI Advisorypractice through development of new market leading offerings and capabilities, sharing thought leadership and contributing to business development efforts.
- You’ll contribute to the development of our people, supporting the growth of our Analytics and AI Advisory.
We'd love to meet with someone with:
- Experienced in Nurturing Data Management:
Extensive experience in defining, designing, and implementing policies, standards, guidelines, tools, metrics, and practices in data management, including areas such as Data Governance, Data Ethics, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Quality, and standards implementation, as well as Master Data Management.
- Strategic Visionary and Collaborator:
Seeking an individual with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, who can act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in data management and governance on extensive data and technology transformation projects.
- Effective Communicator with Grace:
Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication, with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical, and impactful manner.
- Empathetic Team Leader with Flexibility:
Proven track record of managing and leading teams with consulting professionalism and flexibility. Ability to positively adapt to situations involving changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities, or ambiguity.
- Security Clearance Requirement:
All applicants must be willing and eligible to apply for and obtain UK security clearance to Security Check (SC) or Developed Vetting (DV) level, if not holding an existing clearance.
It is desired that you have some understanding or experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of data management and governance standards, such as DAMA-DMBOK, CMMI and DCAM is an asset
• Industry-recognized designations/certifications, including PMP, TOGAF, ITIL, Cloud (e.g. Azure, AWS)
• Architectural / feature knowledge of one or more data and AI platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform; Amazon Web Services; Microsoft Azure)
Why Capgemini is unique?
At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained ‘Mental Health Champions’ across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
We are proud supporters of Women in Data®. Connect, engage and belong to the largest free female data community in the UK – visit: www.womenindata.co.uk to join our community.