Senior Strategic AI & Analytics Consultant
IBM Consulting is the world's largest consulting services organisation and leading digital reinvention partner for clients across all industries. Through our Artificial Intelligence and Analytics consulting practice, we cover the end-to-end engagement with customers looking to use AI and data to improve decision making and unlock hidden value in their business. Our engagements cover everything from strategy consulting, through to the design, implementation, and operation of innovative solutions involving AI, machine learning, analytics and more.
As a Senior AI & Analytics Consultant in our UK team, you will take a senior technical leadership position within an interdisciplinary, highly motivated, and growing team of Industry Consultants, Data Scientists, Cognitive Computing Experts and Solution Architects. This will include playing a key role in the vitality of our community, sharing best practices, creating assets, and mentoring more junior members of the team.
As a senior member of the team, your role will range from shaping an initial client opportunity through to providing technical leadership in delivery. During your work, you will look to identify any new opportunities or areas for growth of an engagement where it could benefit the client.
You will use your knowledge and experience to understand a client’s problem, identify
their needs and the role that data science and AI could play in addressing these. You will be experienced in breaking down unknown problems and asking the right questions in order to reach the heart of the problem. You will be able to use this understanding to design and shape proposals for solutions. Alongside this, you will be leading delivery teams, providing technical expertise and guidance on best practices. You will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and proven experience in team leadership. This role is an exciting opportunity as no two projects are the same, and you have the chance to work across multiple industries and make an impact in real-world problems.
Your key skills will cover the following, with an understanding that you may be stronger in some areas than others.
· Several years of experience designing and implementing AI and data science solutions, either internally and/or as an external services provider.
· Proven ability to take a business problem that may be vaguely defined and break down the problem to determine a reasonable approach to solving it. You are able to ask the right questions, state assumptions, manage stakeholder expectations and provide technical recommendations.
· Experience working in a major cloud platform for AI/ML solutions, e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, IBM.
· Team leadership experience, specifically within technical environments and/or within teams containing a blend of client and consulting team members.
· Experience in analytics use cases in one or more industries, and the ability to articulate how AI/ML can be specifically applied within those industries.
· Strong communication skills and business acumen with proven experience presenting complex information and technical concepts to non-technical business stakeholders in a compelling way.
Required Skills and Professional Experience
· At least 3 years of experience working in data science, analytics, and AI
· Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build direct working relationships across all levels
· Team leadership experience
· Willingness to travel up to 4 days a week
· Eligible to work in the UK
Preferred Skills and Professional Experience
· Major cloud platform architectural certification (Preferred)
· Major cloud platform Machine Learning certification (Preferred)
· Skills in project management, including definition of tasks and management of reporting team members' delivery work
· 2.1 or higher Bachelor’s degree, Masters degree or PhD in relevant quantitative field (e.g. statistics, operations research, computer science, economics or science). Or deep industry experience in a relevant role.