Senior Manager - Information Management, Data Risk Analytics, Financial Services, Risk Advisory
Join us in delivering market leading advice and practical solutions that make a material impact to our clients, our people and society.
Within our Data Risk Analytics Financial Services team you will have the opportunity to gain a breadth of insight across a diverse range of prestigious financial sector clients both in the UK and internationally. We invest in our people, so you will have access to leading training and development opportunities, allowing you to develop both personally and technically.
The role involves managing the delivery of key transformation projects focusing on:
- Data governance design & data strategy development
- Designing and embedding new target operating models for data governance and information management in our clients' organisations
- Vendor selection and implementation of data governance technologies to deliver information management capabilities
- Planning and staffing projects for clients based on complex deliverables and programmes of work
- Definition of vendor selection / evaluation frameworks for data management technologies
- Supporting the management of key client stakeholders' relationships (CxO level) and managing small teams of Deloitte and client personnel
- Taking responsibility for budgets, client deliverables and billing
- Supporting the development of client bids and presentations of proposals.
Location: London and regional offices- frequent domestic travel for client-based projects. With. Significant opportunities for international travel if appropriate. We also offer a range of agile working options
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Deep sector specific expertise and business understanding gained in banking, capital markets or insurance
- An understanding of data management processes and operating models
- An in depth understanding of relevant regulation and the associated data impacts e.g. GDPR, BCBS239, Basel III, CCAR, FDSF, Solvency II
- The ability to work on your own initiative and in many different
- Strong planning, organisation and people management skills.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
- Experience of managing, strengthening and broadening key client relationships.
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Delivering a broad range of data engagements in areas such as Data Architecture, Data Lineage, Data Integration, Data Governance, Data Quality, Management Reporting, Master and Meta Data Management and Advanced Analytics
- Leading engagements delivering, working with or knowledge on a range of tools for example:
- Data governance / metadata management: Informatica Axon, Informatica Metadata Manager, IBM Infopshere IGC, Adaptive, Collibra, ASG Rochade.
- Data Quality: Informatica IDQ, Trillium, Dataflux, Qualit'stage, InfoSphere Discovery, InfoSphere Information Analyzer
- Reporting: Microstrategy, Qlikview, QlikeSense, Tableau, Spotfire, Cognos, SAS EBI, Oracle BI
- Analytics: R, SAS, SPSS, KXEN
Degree and / or relevant professional qualification and / or significant relevant consulting
Your service line: Risk Advisory
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.