Senior Data Scientist
A global fast moving consumer goods organisation specialising in confectionery, drinks and pet care has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist. The Senior Data Scientist role is responsible for evangelizing the adoption of data driven decisions across the company by leading the development of advanced analytical tools that utilize the vast amounts of data available to the business. Establishes credibility with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. You will lead efforts to translate complex datasets and mission-critical business challenges into technical problems and solve them at scale using the appropriate methodologies and tools.
• You will be required to have proficient knowledge and strong experience in the interconnected disciplines of Applied Data Science, Optimization, AI/ML and Operations Research.
• You are a strong software engineer with deep expertise in cutting-edge technologies, robust design, development, coding and testing of high quality and scalable solutions.
• Possesses strong business acumen preferably in Operations and/or Supply Chain organisations.
• A strong background in an Applied Data Science role or equivalent.
• Solid knowledge of, and experience with, modelling techniques such as Regression/GLM, Random Forest, Boosting, Deep Learning, text mining, social network analysis and concepts of significance testing.
• Hands-on experience using tools like Python (incl. tensorflow, pyTorch, Pandas), PySpark, Scala; experience querying databases (SQL, Hive) and working with big data platforms such as a Hadoop ecosystem and Apache Spark.
• Strong problem solving, communication, presentation, and stakeholder engagement skills.
• Experience with cloud-based computing services e.g. Azure, Databricks, etc
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply today!
Alternatively, you can refer a friend or colleague by taking part in our fantastic referral schemes! If you have a friend or colleague who would be interested in this role, please refer them to us. For each relevant candidate that you introduce to us (there is no limit) and we place, you will be entitled to our general gift/voucher scheme.
Datatech is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies in the field of analytics and host of the critically acclaimed event, Women in Data. For more information, visit our website: www.datatech.org.uk