Senior Consultant, SAP Analytics
Senior Consultant/Manager, SAP Analytics (SAP MDG/Master Data Management), Data Risk & Analytics, Risk Advisory
Building a secure and trusted data foundation
Our mission is to deliver meaningful work for priority clients and society. As part of the largest Risk Analytics practice in the UK, our practitioners understand exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management, use and insight from this data improves performance and reduces risk.
As a team we combine our people's skills and experience, with Deloitte tools and solutions, across four focus capability areas:
- Data & software engineering - we design and deliver the data architectures, pipelines and solutions which underpin our clients’ businesses.
- Information management - we implement governance and compliance around enterprise data as a secure and trusted foundation.
- Data science - we conduct data-driven problem solving and analysis through modelling and visualisation to shed light on root-cause issues and identify the optimum solutions and options.
- AI & automation - we harness machine learning and cognitive capabilities to derive new insight from a myriad of unstructured and structured data sources and removing manual effort.
This opportunity is within our Data Science team, specifically the SAP Analytics pillar, which supports our clients in maximising the value derived from enterprise data using advanced analytics, either as part of ongoing business operations or within the context of large transformation programmes. Your role will be focussed on helping our clients exploit analytics to generate business value and identify & mitigate operational risks within the SAP ecosystem (but not limited to SAP data).
As a Senior Consultant in the SAP Data Risk & Analytics team, you will work across sectors but with the opportunity to specialise in one or more industries, advising our clients on best practices in Analytics within the SAP landscape.
In this role you will further develop your skills and our SAP Analytics capability through the delivery of pioneering client projects, proposition development and team leadership.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering exciting and innovative SAP Analytics solutions, propositions, and services for our clients. These can range from developing state-of-the-art proof of concepts in technologies like SAP Analytics Cloud, through to designing, building, testing and deploying productionised solutions in S/4HANA and supporting tools.
- Engaging with clients to get a detailed understanding of their specific needs and ensure that SAP data and reporting models meet our client’s business requirements.
- Working independently and autonomously, taking ownership of deliverables and ensuring they are completed to a high standard and within communicated timeframes
- Developing deeper client relationships to build trust, whilst looking for opportunities to deliver additional value to our clients
- Strengthening and broadening our SAP Data Risk & Analytics propositions and capability within Deloitte and showcasing our work with clients.
- Developing deep and lasting relationships with your peers within our clients.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: This role can be based in London or regional offices; however, the majority of your time will be spent at client site. Some domestic or international travel may be required
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role, you must have demonstratable experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience designing, building, testing and deploying SAP Analytics solutions, either as part of S/4HANA implementations, or as a standalone analytics solution using S/4HANA data
- Gathering business requirements, converting them into functional specifications and owning the end-to-end delivery of reporting developments (WRICEFs)
- Hands-on project delivery experience with S/4HANA Embedded Analytics, ideally with a combination of Core Data Services and Embedded BW objects
- Data modelling in CDS Views, HANA Calculation Views or SAP BW
- Data visualisation/dashboarding tools consuming real-time SAP data, such as SAP Analytics Cloud, Power BI, Tableau or similar
- Demonstratable understanding of the wider contextual business needs that drive reporting requirements within the SAP landscape
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business-focussed clients
- Strong planning and organisation skills
Additional desirable experience includes:
- High level functional knowledge of one or more SAP modules/domains (e.g. Finance/Controlling, Sales and Distribution, Project Systems etc.)
- Certification in SAP Analytics tools (e.g. SAP Application Associate – SAP Analytics Cloud)
- Experience developing Fiori apps (SAPUI5)
- Experience with Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC)
- Understanding of security/authorisation concepts within a reporting suite
- Working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies, within global delivery frameworks
- Professional services experience an advantage
- Degree or relevant professional qualification(s)
Your Service Line: Central Business Services (CBS)
CBS comprises seven service areas: Business Support Services; C&I Services; HR Services; IT Business Services; IT Infrastructure Services; Quality, Risk and Security Services; and Workplace Services. We also have two central teams - Delivery Partners and Vendor Management, and Service Management and CSI. Here is where we deliver world-class business support services for our people, our clients and our firm. From HR services, technology and digital support and pensions, to facilities management, and more - together we are a true enabler for better business. Highly skilled, experienced service delivery professionals, we have complete responsibility for processes that drive efficiency and deliver impact. Not just for our internal customers, but for the clients Deloitte works with too. We’re transforming what it means to work in business services; join us and you’ll experience a career full of fantastic opportunities.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.