It’s an exciting time for us as we continue to transform our business to meet our strategic ambitions, we’re investing beyond Motor Insurance. We’re creating a dedicated Home Pricing and Underwriting team to drive and deliver Data Analytical management into our new Home product.
We’ve laid the foundations to grow our Home business, we’re looking for someone with strong analytical skills to fuel the ongoing development of technical models and use of machine learning to create analytical tools that will drive our Home commercial agenda forward.
Reporting directly into our Head of Home Pricing you will support them in the development of our property rating factors associated with home insurance, to identify and implement brilliant sources of data that will innovate our Home pricing capability.
How you will make a difference:
- Shaping the home pricing and underwriting strategy, engineering powerful new geography and property level rating factors to be deployed into our home rating
- Monitoring the performance of the home geography and property level rating factors.
- Identifying, analysing, and monetising new data sources relating to geography and properties.
- Creating and maintaining analytical tools to support the management of our risk portfolio with a particular focus on geographic accumulations.
- Engaging Household commercial stakeholders to gather detailed business requirements, coordinating project activities
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of Home insurance pricing or the creation of geographic indices related to home insurance
- Strong technical modelling skills and experience of creating geographic indices and rating factors.
- Keen interest in emerging machine learning techniques and proficiency in Python and/or R or similar languages.
Benefits for you
We’ve got big growth plans for our Home book, joining our new Pricing & Underwriting team will be like joining a new start up that happens to be attached to a growing and successful motor insurer with the capital needed to invest and succeed in analytical expertise.
This a real opportunity to make the role your own, whilst making a difference in a fast-paced, flexible and delivery focussed environment.
Some of the great benefits we will give you;
- Highly competitive basic salary plus a £5k car allowance
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- Pension 1:1 match up to 10%
- 27 days annual leave
- Flexible working opportunities
Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.