Digital Data Analyst – Behaviour
Responsible for all areas of digital analytics within Toolstation, this role is integral to understanding the behaviour of our customers throughout the various digital customer journeys that Toolstation offers. You will produce insightful analysis & reporting that identifies trends and behaviours to increase understanding of our digital offering.
Function / Business Unit: Finance / Digital
Reporting Line: Business Analytics Manager
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Lead the analysis & reporting around conversion from our range of marketing channels.
- Lead the analysis of our web and app traffic using Google Analytics and Google Big Query. Leverage other internal datasets to help identify drivers of change.
- Develop and deliver KPI reporting for real-time, daily, weekly and monthly timescale requirements.
- Inform the business and ecommerce merchandiser of any trends/insights that could optimise activity.
- Support the digital marketing channel teams in campaign evaluation across all channels
- Provide insight and recommendations to business stakeholders for new digital initiatives through reporting and analysis.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Advanced user of Google Analytics and SQL (preferably Google Big Query).
- Proven experience of using strong numerical and analytical skills to draw findings from data.
- Proven experience of digital analytics including attribution, tagging, funnel analysis, customer journey.
- Interested in customer behaviour and interaction with technology.
- Analytical - Has the ability to analyse the integrity of data. Uses data to think through the best course of action despite incomplete or ambiguous information
- Detail orientated - Remains aware and takes care of details that are easy to overlook or dismiss as insignificant. Compares observations or finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies
- Problem solving - Identifies and evaluates problems and possible causes to determine root causes and impacts. Researches issues thoroughly and uses sound judgement
- Researching - Proactively identify opportunities for improvement, analysing patterns and future trends
- Teamwork and collaboration - Recognises the importance of working collaboratively across the business. Knows how to get things done cross-functionally
- Customer focus - Develop customer insight from data across multiple sources identifying trends and translating into actionable insight
- Commercial/Business Awareness - Demonstrates a strong understanding of the business and uses knowledge to identify opportunities to increase commerciality. Keeps up to date with competitor activity and wider market trends
- Communication - Communicates clearly, articulately and with conviction when speaking with an individual or before a group. Adapts content and style to their audience