Data Innovation Analyst
Data Analytics … Innovation … Climate Impact …
If that got you excited, you could be the next recruit on Kamma’s mission to leverage tech and data to help the world reach net carbon zero.
Kamma is a venture capital backed innovative tech company with a focus on positive social impact, particularly where ESG and climate change are considered. We’re in the scale up stage of our journey and to help us navigate further, we’re seeking a Data Innovation Analyst with 3+ years experience in a data analyst role.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial and autonomous mindset, hungry to find insights in virgin territory, and motivated to be part of a founding team that’s developing our climate change pipeline and client base.
What We Do
We are a pioneering technology company building unique, geospatial datasets from disparate sources of information. We arm property-related stakeholders for the fight against climate change, delivering a pathway to net zero, enhancing risk management, supporting regulatory compliance and identifying green business growth opportunities.
Social impact is a central pillar here at Kamma, and we deploy insights to support the strategies that deliver it. Climate change is the biggest threat the human race has ever faced and we are on a mission to overcome this humongous challenge by helping businesses achieve carbon neutrality for all UK property: Property Zero. Finding people that share our values is a crucial part of this pursuit.
Data Innovation Analyst
One of Kamma’s goals is to make our data famous and our Data and Innovation Analyst will play a crucial role to that end; analysing and forming new and pioneering insights from our multiple and growing datasets in what is relatively under-exploited territory where data is concerned. You will report directly to our Head of Product and Innovation and will also work closely with Marketing and Tech departments. Kamma’s Data Innovation Analyst will be a driving force in helping to push boundaries in the climate change data space and will be a significant contributor to elevating Kamma’s status as an authority and leader in this space. This is an incredibly exciting role where the sky’s the limit in terms of opportunities to flex your skills and push your boundaries.
You will be ambitious and aspire to build and run your own division in an accelerated timeframe. You will have an ability to absorb knowledge and customer insight in this space and apply key findings in your work. Previous experience in climate change or banking related services is a plus but not essential, however passion for and capacity to absorb knowledge in this area is. You will get a kick out of exploring new areas and garnering insight where there isn’t necessarily a brief. If you’re looking for an easy role with a nicely defined list of tasks, Kamma probably isn’t for you. But if the potential to make a major impact at the heart of a unique tech company exhilarates you, then we’d love to hear from you!
This role will be a fundamental piece of our growth strategy and as an early member of a young company, you will have the opportunity to build and shape our data strategy in a world where climate change is arguably the most important thing on most businesses’ agendas.
A typical day could involve any of the below:
- Workshopping with the product team on new product ideas borne out of data analysis coupled with industry knowledge
- Analysing a database of UK-wide environmental data to provide compelling data for blue chip clients or broadsheet press
- Generating data-driven prototypes of new products using tools like SQL and Excel to get the job done
- Liaising with the engineering and product teams to convert successful prototypes into scalable, automated tools
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ recent experience in data analysis roles
- Experience in data collection, working with various data sources and software tools to aggregate information
- Advanced Excel skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in querying data with Structured Query Language (SQL) using relational databases such as mySQL and PostgreSQL
- Ability to set up and configuring BI tools to run against large, complex datasets
- Experience of modelling climate risk would be beneficial
- Experience of modelling credit risk within a financial services business would be a bonus
- Knowledge of how climate targets and regulations affect the financial services industry is desirable, and a keen desire to learn is a must
- You thrive in complexity, are a natural problem-solver, and dig deep for patterns and paths, even amidst a great deal of ambiguity
- You aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need clarity and are willing to challenge both your own and your team’s perspectives
- You can navigate complex research projects, absorb and synthesize large amounts of information, confidently draw conclusions from your research, and put them into clear recommendations and points for the team
- You enjoy the variety and sometimes-chaos of contributing to a wide range of client projects unfolding simultaneously
- You understand the importance of delivering accurate, error-free work that will be used by financial institutions, C-suite decision-makers and for thought leadership and PR that is consumed by thousands of people
If you are confident, independent and like the idea of being a key component in a tight and growing entrepreneurial team striving for extremely high standards, then this could be the role for you!
- Competitive salary depending on candidate experience
- Health insurance
- Stock options are available– we’re looking for someone for the long term and to share in our success
- Benefits: Pension, health insurance, charity days, book allowance, Central London office with great coffee, hybrid/flexible working, home working allowance
- A founding team who are passionate about what we do and are looking for inspiring people to join our journey
- Huge ambitions to utilise and develop our data and technology capabilities to move into new areas and markets
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your latest CV and a covering note telling us a little about yourself, why you’re interested in joining us and anything else you think we’d like to know and we’ll do the rest.
A company you’ve always wanted to work with
At Kamma, we believe that diversity is imperative to driving creativity, innovation and value for our clients, and even more importantly, for our people. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and as such, we are a committed equal opportunities employer. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, or social background.
Please note we unfortunately can’t provide sponsorship for this position.