The Data Insights Team is a new team to GBG and is focused on driving the business’ data strategy, as well as taking an experimental approach that demonstrates the value of data insights for our internal and external customers alike. The data insights team will play a central role in helping GBG maintain its position as a data leader as it seeks to continue building trust in a digital world.
The Role of the analytics consultant will help maximise the value of the data we ingest (supplier data), process (customer data) and create (meta data) by developing new data driven product and services and delivering new insights for both internal and external customers. Creativity will be crucial in this role; you will approach data through an ‘art of the possible’ lens and tell compelling stories through data and visualisations.
What you will do:
· work closely with business stakeholders to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
· use data analysis and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
· proactively look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across all functions in the organisation, and across all product lines for the benefit of our customers
· build models and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organisation
· stay up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods impacting both your role, and GBG as a business
· play an active role in shaping GBG data analytics strategy and roadmap, and will evaluate new and emerging data approaches, to understand how they may be beneficial to GBG.
· Highly analytical degree or equivalent experience
· Demonstrated experience of applying data analytics in an early stage environment, with the ability to institute and implement best practice
· Experience in building statistical models
· Experience of data visualisation software (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau)
· Experience of dealing with data in at least one of the following areas:
· Experience of python, R, SQL
· The ability to tell compelling stories with data, and communication with both technical and non/technical audiences
· Must be able to work on/manage multiple tasks concurrently, and prioritise accordingly
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Some travel may be required to various GBG offices
· Team members are encouraged to work in a location that is most suitable for their needs; face-to-face collaboration sessions are preferred but not mandatory